Penguin Island is a stunning location for your wedding ceremony. The grassed picnic area in front of the Discovery Centre is protected from the sea breeze and overlooks breathtaking coastal views of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Wedding ceremonies can only be held after hours (from 4pm) after the island closes to the general public, allowing complete privacy for your special day.
Rockingham Wild Encounters will ensure your guests arrive in comfort and safety and that your wedding will be one to remember!
After the ceremony your guests can enjoy an easy stroll along the network of timber boardwalks and lookouts that take in spectacular views from Pt Peron to Port Kennedy, while the natural beauty of the island provides the perfect backdrop for your bridal party photos. Catering services are also available.
Group Size of 1 to 75 people- $1990
Group Size of 76- 150 people- $2990
*All prices are GST inclusive and include ferry transfers, venue hire and a 7% marine park levy
Points to Consider
- Available daily September 15th until the first weekend in June (excluding public holiday weekends).
- Weddings can only be held after hours from 4pm with all guests required to depart by sunset (usually between 6 and 7.30pm depending on time of year) to ensure the little penguins aren’t disturbed when they return to Penguin Island in the evening. Visit http://sunrisesunset.willyweather.com.au/wa/perth/perth.html for sunset times)
- Wedding ceremonies are limited to the picnic area and beach in front of the Discovery Centre. Guests can also access the timber boardwalks & western beach.
- Our licence limits weddings to a maximum of 150 guests.
- We recommend you plan for guests to be ferried to Penguin Island from 3pm. An exclusive ferry transfer for the bride and/ or bridal party can be scheduled to arrive after your guests.
- Penguin Island is an A class nature reserve. We ask that you respect the environment and it's wildlife by ensuring guests are aware that there is no smoking permitted on the boats or Penguin Island.
- Littering including the throwing of confetti and rice is strictly prohibited. All rubbish must be placed in the bin bags provided and removed from the Island at the conclusion of the wedding.
- No power outlets are in place at any of the permitted ceremony sites. We have a battery operated PA system available that can also play music from smart phones via Bluetooth.
- Musical instruments are permitted on an acoustic basis and must be kept to an acceptable noise level.
- There are no kiosk or barbeque facilities on the island but you are welcome to take eskies and picnic baskets.
- Catering (including cooking on barbeques) is available but limited to our contractors due to strict environmental and safety considerations on Penguin Island.
- Penguin Island is a public open space so the consumption of alcohol is at the discretion of The Department of Parks & Wildlife. Alcohol may be consumed on a BYO basis if done so in a responsible manner (2 standard drinks in the first hour and 1 for every hour after that).
- There are environmentally friendly composting toilets on the island and public toilets at Mersey Point on the mainland.
- Our ferry has wheelchair access and timber boardwalks on the island allow good disabled access from the landing jetty to the picnic area.
- Photography is permitted on the Island.
Submit the enquiry form and we will reply with availability and a proposed itinerary within 48 hours. Alternatively speak to our reservations staff on Ph (08) 9591 1333.
Bookings and Enquiries